[Histonet] mouse ears again

Mary Beauchamp mbeaucha <@t> benaroyaresearch.org
Thu Feb 8 17:51:59 CST 2007

Thanks for the replies so far. I generally have my water bath temp at
38-40 C. Although with the splitting problem, I've reduced the temp
dramatically. It's been suggested that I use a detergent, Tween for
example, diluted in room temp water, and float the section on a slide
and gently heat the slide on a slide warmer.

I have also played with a few different fixatives, and carefully
controlled the fixation time before processing. I use a Leica ASP 300
processor and change the solutions on a regular basis.

Keep the suggestions coming, please.

-Mary

  _____

It has removed 78 spam emails to date.