[Histonet] Microwave Testing

Laurie Colbert laurie.colbert <@t> huntingtonhospital.com
Tue Feb 6 17:09:37 CST 2007

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I can't find my info.  What are others doing regarding the CAP questions regarding microwave leakage and temperature reproducibility?  There is no one in my hospital that monitors microwaves - I will have to do it myself.  Does anyone have info on ordering some kind of monitor?  Do these questions apply only to those lab using microwaves for processing and/or staining?  We will occasionally perform a special stain in the microwave (not regularly) - we normally just heat water, agar, etc.

Laurie Colbert