[Histonet] Michel's transport medium

Orr, Rebecca ROrr <@t> enh.org
Thu Feb 1 06:30:43 CST 2007

Betty,
We purchase our Michel's transport media from Newcomer supply.
I would imagine they could ship to China!
Anyway maybe they can give you some tech tips.

www.newcomersupply.com

Becky Orr CLA,HT(ASCP)QIHC
Assistant Manager, Anatomic Pathology
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
847-570-2763

. Message: 13
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:40:01 +0800 (CST)
From: "=?gb2312?B?1qO0us+8?=" <springrosycloud <@t> 126.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Michel's transport medium
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hello, everyone. I am going to use Michel's transport medium to send
renal tissue samples. I got a protocol on the medium preparations(see
belows).. When I made the preparation according to the protocol, I met
troubles. At the first step(1.0 M potassium citrate buffer pH 7.0), I
could not adjust pH using the 1M potassium hydroxide. I had to adjust pH
to 7.0 using 10M potassium hydroxide(40ml). And then, I could not
dissolve 55 grams of ammonium sulfate in 100 ml washing solution. About
half of ammonium sulfate(made in China) kept unsolved, even though I
incubated it in heat water and/or mechanical stirring. When I bought a
bottle of new ammonium sulfate, it still did not work. Later, I tried to
dissolve 55g ammonium sulfate in 100ml distilled water, but I failed. I
tried and thought it again and again. I did not know what is the matter.
Please tell me what I should do. I am waiting for your kindly reply.
Sincerely,
                        Betty
Nanjing University School of Medicine,
 Research institute of Nephrology, Jinling Hospital,
 Nanjing, China 210002
Tel: 86-025-81765894
Fax: 86-025-84801992