[Histonet] Chemicals and pregnancy

Phil McArdle PMcArdle <@t> ebsciences.com
Thu Dec 13 09:15:19 CST 2007

Hi:

I'd be concerned about xylene. The typical xylene MSDS sheet probably
contains verbiage like the following:

"Women may develop menstrual disorders, such as menorrhagia or
metrorrhagia,infertility, and pathological pregnancy conditions
including toxicosis, danger of miscarriage, and hemorrhaging during
delivery. Repeated exposure of pregnant mice, rats and rabbits to the
individual or the mixed isomers has resulted in maternal effects and
effects on fertility, on the embryo or fetus, and specific developmental
abnormalities. Included among these effects are fetal death,
fetotoxicity, pre-and post-implantation mortality, abortion,
craniofacial and musculoskeletal abnormalities, and
extra embryonic structures."

Getting xylene out of the lab was one compelling reason for use of
microwave protocols which replace xylene with 2-propanol.

Phil McArdle

--
Phil McArdle
Microwave Product Manager

Energy Beam Sciences, Inc.
29-B Kripes Rd.
East Granby, CT 06026

Tel:  800.992.9037 x 341
Mobile: 860.597.6796
Fax: 860.653.0422

pmcardle <@t> ebsciences.com
www.ebsciences.com

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it's been.
- Wayne Gretsky

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
- Mahatma Gandhi

NOTE: This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, however, there's
not a lot I can do about it, and it was probably my mistake anyway. So
please do the right thing and make this e-mail go away. Thank you.