[Histonet] Chemicals and pregnancy

James S. sonya.martin <@t> soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 13 08:31:17 CST 2007

Hi All,

I'm just wondering about the safety risks of working in an histology lab
when pregnant. I have read through all the safety data and risk
asessments for all the chemicals that I am currently using and there is
nothing specific there about anything which may be harmful to the unborn
child. I just wanted to check with you all to see what sort of
precautions you would suggest.
Mostly I just do IHC or fluorescence of frozen mouse tissues but I have
the occasional paraffin embedded tissue to process as well.

Thanks for your help
Sonya