[Histonet] Slide quality

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Sat Dec 1 08:23:49 CST 2007

 How many wrinkles are we talking about??? I strive for perfect sections. I
teach my students and preach to my techs the same. But to be realistic you
could lose tissue in search of that perfect section, especially when your
equipment is older and no funds to replace them. Some of us soak before we
cut, others use ammonia. If perfect sections with no wrinkles are so easy to
obtain just by technique alone, then why was our practicum so difficult?? I
hear techs (older techs) talk about the hundreds of slides they cut before
the "perfect one" I feel some expectations here are not realistic. Our
pathologists are usually complimentary of our sections. Also, fixation is a
huge factor and we don’t always have control of how the tissue was handled
before we get it.

Cheri Miller HT ASCP
Histology Supervisor
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc.
Omaha, NE 68117
402 738 5052

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee intended / indicated or agent responsible for
delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that you are in
possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.