[Histonet] Slide quality

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 07:13:23 CST 2007

And that is the way it should be: every time a poor quality slide is produced, it should be documented but more importantly, it should be the "trigger" to re-train people.
  We all should try to get perfect slides.
  René J.

Sandy Smith <histotech40 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
  When should the pathologist document wrinkles/folds? Only when it interferes with the diagnosis? Or any time there is a wrinkle or fold? Also how many histo techs out there get 100% wrinkle free sections? I have had discussions with my pathologists about these issues and would like others input. I believe any time there is a wrinkle or fold it should be documented.