[Histonet] Slide Staining Variability

CHRISTIE GOWAN christiegowan <@t> msn.com
Fri Aug 10 10:25:13 CDT 2007

I would like to make a clarification. The slides with the red boxes are
placed front to back in the slide boxes. There is speculation that heat may
cause some kind of transfer to the front of the slide that creates a
barrier. If you could stop the process right after hematoxylin you would see
all the dye pooled at the top right over the control tissue. I have seen
pictures of this actually happening. I would also like to mention that I
used those slides for years at another facility on the Nexes with no
problems. Thanks Clarissa for your private correction. Someone needs to keep
an eye on me!