[Histonet] Re: Trichrome Problems

AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com
Thu Aug 2 09:54:06 CDT 2007

Derek,
Our tissue are collected onto charged slides (Fisherbrand  SuperFrost) and
allowed to adhere overnight on the slide warmer at  ~37C.

I had the very same problem when I was trichrome staining.  I found  that 1hr
in the heated Bouins fixative caused the tissue to come loose from the
slide.  I had much better luck with the overnight fix at room temperature  and I
haven't had any significant problems since I started using the O/N  post-fix.
Albert

Albert C.  Grobe, PhD
International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation
Tissue  Engineering Lab, Saint Patrick  Hospital