[Histonet] Re: Use of 1% AgNO3 in gross room

Burton, Mark MBURTON1 <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Apr 27 09:43:46 CDT 2007

Yes, we also used very dilute acetic acid solution (1%?). Yet another much
better alternative to a bucket of AgNO3

Message: 12

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:08:21 -0700 (PDT)

From: Patricia Adams <alaskagirl1950 <@t> yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: [Histonet] Re: Use of 1% AgNO3 in gross room

To: HistoNet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Last hospital that I worked at, the pathologists

used vinegar.  It did work very well, they would

ink the specimen then pat the excess ink off and

dip in the vinegar.  We just changed the vinegar

when it started to take on a lot of color.

Patricia Adams

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.