[Histonet] Zinc Formalin and Iron stains

Tarango, Mark mtarango <@t> nvcancer.org
Mon Apr 16 13:32:53 CDT 2007

I don't know, we only use 10% NBF for bone marrows here, but I've seen a
video of some cells getting fixed with zinc formalin.  The cells were
popping and exploding all over the place.  Made me think, "no wonder you
get that great nuclear detail."

Mark Adam Tarango HT(ASCP)

Histology/Immunohistochemistry Supervisor

Nevada Cancer Institute

One Breakthrough Way

Las Vegas, NV  89135

mtarango <@t> nvcancer.org