CoverslippingRe: [Histonet] Fluorescein Question

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Apr 13 10:16:24 CDT 2007

Sara,

Try it, but keep sections in the dark to avoid photobleaching.  Fluorescein
should survive deparaffinization and then coverslipping.  Putting in an
extra xylene to ensure good paraffin removal before putting a coverglass on
may be of help.  We have some who do that here but they are requesting
thick sections ~ 10 um or so.  I generally just air dry at RT in a dark
place.  If you want to know the effects of temperature on FITC, contact
Molecular Probes technical services, they will know about this also.

However, if the tissues are fixed with formalin, you may be battling