[Histonet] rodent smooth muscle marker

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Apr 12 21:12:44 CDT 2007

Boulder, CO 80309

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jacqui
Detmar
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:47 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] rodent smooth muscle marker

Hi all.  I am asking this question on behalf of a colleague.  She wishes to
measure rat uterine smooth muscle cell volume over gestation and would like
to have a marker that would delinate the smooth muscle plasma membrane.  I
have looked at some of my Masson trichrome-stained mouse placental sections
and this *might* be helpful for her; however, I was thinking one of you
might know of a good lectin or antibody marker.  Like I said, she works on
rat tissue, but I wouldn't mind receiving some advice on mouse uterine
smooth muscle cell markers, too.

Thanks a bunch!

Jacqui Detmar
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, room 876
Mount Sinai Hospital
600 University Avenue
Toronto, ON   M5G 1X5