[Histonet] (no subject)

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Sat Apr 7 11:33:01 CDT 2007

Sally,
I'm using a Pyrex beaker and changing the distilled water each time. I set
my times by the times used for the special stains. For instance, my lowest
time in the microwave is 15 seconds, my highest time is 45 seconds. I set up
a chart with 15, 30, and 45 seconds. I run this three times for each time
and get an average.
    When I had my inspection in January, the inspector took a copy of my
procedure and chart with her. Again, each inspector is different, but it
passed. I'd be happy to share and I promise to keep my toes to myself.

JTT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Norton, Sally" <sally.norton <@t> seattlechildrens.org>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 3:38 PM
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

            Hi All,

            We are wondering how others are testing temperature
reproducibility on their microwaves.  We are using a plastic coplin jar
filled with distilled water.  We then heat it at different powers and
times and take the temperature with a thermometer.  Any suggestions for
a better way?

            Thank you.

            Sally Norton

            Histology

            Seattle Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
and privileged information protected by law.  Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.