[Histonet] Romeis - was why do we use xylene

rsrichmond <@t> aol.com rsrichmond <@t> aol.com
Fri Apr 6 13:36:19 CDT 2007

Barbara Bublava and Gudrun Lang mention Romeis, a reference book on technique, often cited by R.D. Lillie. I've never seen this book - checked amazon.de and it's out of print - do you think it's worth having a copy if you can read German?

The book is Mikroscopische Technik, three postwar editions 1949, 1968, 1989, by Benno Romeis and Peter Boeck.

Processing directly from isopropanol to paraffin? Just let me know when, and I'll announce my retirement! - since I turn 68 in a month -

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN