AW: [Histonet] Peloris Processor and isopropanol

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Mon Apr 2 11:11:57 CDT 2007

I've seen a protocol for isopropanol-processing with an IPA-temperature
about 74 degrees. That is near the boilingpoint and means rather a boiling
out of the tissue than acting as intermedium. Similar protocols are found
with the microwave-techniques. I think there is no principal difference in
reaching the temperature.

What I'm a little confused about is the fact, that usually recommended
temperatures for tissueprocessing don't raise above 62 degrees. So how does
this influence staining, ihc-staining etc.?
What are the temperatures in your protocol?
What does the community think about this issue?

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor
Akh Linz