[Histonet] Re: effects of elevation on immunohistochemistry

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Thu Sep 28 09:37:00 CDT 2006

I don't know much about the possible effects of elevation on immunohistochemistry but I see another section being added to the CAP inspection checklist now.  Thanks alot Lisa.

Just kidding btw.  The obvious Biggie would be Heat Induced Epitope Retrieval (HIER).  I would suggest a pressure cooker in higher elevations to overcome this one.  My usual water bath HIER wouldn't be as effective with the lower boiling points seen in higher elevations.

Good Luck,

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Lisa
Manning
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:22 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Sundi Readlinger
Subject: [Histonet] Re: effects of elevation on immunohistochemistry

Good morning,
  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the  effects of
elevation on immunohistochemistry?
  Thanks kindly, Lisa Manning

Lisa Manning  R.T, B.Sc.
Histopathology Biologist
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
National Centre for Foreign Animal Disease
1015 Arlington Avenue, Suite T2300
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 3M4
PH.  (204) 789-2087
FAX (204)789-2038