[Histonet] mounting fluorescent tissue

Caroline Bass cbass <@t> bidmc.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 21 09:19:23 CDT 2006

Hi, I have what might be a silly question.  I am dealing with a lot
of native fluorescence, particularly in the brain, 40 um floating
sections.  At some point I want to mount the sections to observe the
native fluorescence.  I have been doing this in a dimly lit room, but
it can be difficult at times.  Do you think there would be a loss of
signal if I mount the sections under normal light conditions?  Also,
if I choose to do immunofluorescence should I be careful, I heard
that FITC staining should be done in the dark and I assume the
mounting should as well.

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks, Caroline