[Histonet] CAP Question

Anne Van Binsbergen vanann702 <@t> skmc.gov.ae
Wed Sep 20 03:06:44 CDT 2006

i have had a problem with my connection - am not getting anything from histonet - has anyone else had any problems lately?
Annie

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Sebree Linda A.
Sent: Wed 2006/09/06 05:56 PM
To: Laurie Colbert; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] CAP Question

Laurie,

We have a statement in our Laboratory Procedure Manual under "Antibody
Optimization" that reads:  "The selection of avidin biotin (AB) blocking
will be dependent on the specimen source.  Examples of tissues
benefiting from AB block include kidney and liver.  It may be necessary
to have more than one protocol programmed to offer the choice of
blocking or not."

Hope this helps,

Linda Sebree, HT(ASCP)
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
A4/204-3224
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792