[Histonet] Microwave Processing

Temple Nancy Nancy.Temple <@t> ssfhs.org
Thu Sep 14 09:30:52 CDT 2006

Our hospital administration is wanting me to explore the possibility of
microwave processing in order to have faster turn around times, mainly
on breast core biopsy and GI biopsy cases. Can I please get some
feedback from other labs that are doing microwave processing (mainly for
just these types of specimens). What brand of processor, changes that
had to be made to your workflow, etc. Also, do you process cytology cell
blocks in microwave. Any information given will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Nancy Temple, HT(ASCP)
Supervisor Histology/Cytology
St. Francis Hospital