[Histonet] BrdU control

Tarango, Mark mtarango <@t> nvcancer.org
Tue Sep 12 16:43:14 CDT 2006

Wouldn't you just use the tissue that you have for the project as the
control?  If you injected BrdU into the animal before you sacrificed it,
then it should stain positive (provided the tissue has dividing cells in
it), so I'm thinking that you should be able to use the tissue for the
project as the positive control and tissue from an animal not treated
with BrdU as the negative control.  Right?

Mark Adam Tarango HT(ASCP)

Histology/Immunohistochemistry Supervisor

Nevada Cancer Institute

One Breakthrough Way

Las Vegas, NV  89135

mtarango <@t> nvcancer.org