[Histonet] Leica Autostainer XL and Leica CV5030 glass coverslipper

Denise Piontek dbpiontek <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 20:19:41 CST 2006

Hi Lisa:
We have the Leica with attached coverslipper and absolutely love it. Clean your coverslipping racks once a week by soaking in xylene to remove excess mounting media and store coverslips in desicator to avoid condensation. I have had no problems. Hope this helps,
Denise Bland-Piontek, HTL(ASCP)CTBS(AATB)
Toxikon Corporation
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lisa Brenner<mailto:lisab <@t> hoho.org>
  To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<mailto:histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
  Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:42 AM
  Subject: [Histonet] Leica Autostainer XL and Leica CV5030 glass coverslipper

  Hello all,
   Do any of you use the Leica autostainer XL? What are your
  likes/dislikes? How does it compare to Sakura? Do any of you have the
  Leica glass coverslipper? Likes or dislikes especially if you have it
  connected to Leica stainer. We also have a Thin prep imager. Do any of
  you use the Leica coverslipper with the glass coverslips with the
  imager? Does it read the slides okay and do you have any problems with
  cornflaking? Any feed back will be greatly appreciated. We need to make
  up our mind soon and the powers that be are pushing us to hurry up.

  Lisa Brenner HTL (ASCP)
  Histology Technical Consultant
  Holland Hospital
  phone: (616)394-3184
  lisab <@t> hoho.org<mailto:lisab <@t> hoho.org>

  Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information, or Protected Health Information as such term is defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of
  the original message, including attachments.