[Histonet] Histology Job Postings - Ontario

Julie Blake julie.blake <@t> holburn.com
Mon Oct 30 14:35:58 CST 2006

THE HOLBURN GROUP OF COMPANIES, an expanding research and development firm located in the Municipality of Clarington, Durham Region, is focused on innovative research and development programmes in the fields of diagnostics and therapeutics. The projects we undertake both independently and in collaboration with academia and private industry range from early-stage drug discovery to product delivery.

We are looking for results-driven professionals to join our team!

Team Leader, Histology Laboratory
As TEAM LEADER, Histology Laboratory, reporting to the Scientific Director, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of all laboratory operations and laboratory staff.  Additional responsibilities include: development, implementation and audit of SOPs, regulatory standards and quality control systems; and training new staff.

* Minimum 3-5 years practical histochemical experience required.  Immunocytochemical and in situ hybridization techniques experience is preferred.
* M.Sc. preferred and/or MLT or ART designation.
* Highly motivated, flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Strong problem-solving, analytical and planning skills, with demonstrated superior written skills
* Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and implement major projects.

A working knowledge of immunohistochemistry, molecular biology (in situ hybridization) and automated histotechnology is desirable.

Base Salary: $70,000-$80,000 annually, plus comprehensive benefits package and opportunities
for growth and professional development.

Please submit a covering letter referencing the position and your curriculum vitae in confidence to
hr <@t> holburn.com or by fax to 905-623-6702, attention Human Resources.

Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be
contacted.

We are an equal opportunity employer.

Application deadline date:  November 10, 2006.

Human Resources Coordinator
Holburn Group of Companies
Fax: 905 623 6702
E-mail: hr <@t> holburn.com