[Histonet] prefer fixative vs formalin

Heather Renko omnivore98 <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 19:05:03 CDT 2006

Hello Fellow Histonetters,

  I am trying to eliminate some of the formalin in our lab and my safety officer has suggested that we can have our outpatient facilities and surgery department send our specimens to us in prefer and then transfer to formalin in our processor.  Any experience and or thoughts on this.  Additionally, what is your experience with switching over completely to prefer??  We run a normal overnight processing, no microwave processing and we do H&E, special stains, and immunohistochemistry on the Ventana platform.  Thank you in advance.