[Histonet] CAP question regarding annual testing of microwave

Barnhart, Tammy Tbarnhart <@t> primecare.org
Mon Oct 23 12:13:11 CDT 2006

I interpreted this to mean a "leakage" test for our microwaves.  I contacted
a local small appliance repair shop, had them do a leakage monitor and
record/signoff on the results.  It was very cheap and I didn't have to
purchase a leakage monitor.

Tammy Barnhart, AP Supervisor
St. Alexius Medical Center
Bismarck, ND

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Breisch,
Eric
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 11:05 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] CAP question regarding annual testing of microwave

Hi Histologists,
	I have a general inquiry regarding a CAP question. The question
concerns the annual monitoring of microwave radiation emitted from the
laboratory microwave. This is something we have never checked and when we
addressed this with our biomedical staff they didn't have an answer as to
how that would be done. Could someone please share how that would be
monitored and what equipment would be necessary for that task?

Thank you,

Eric A. Breisch
Department of Pathology
Rady Children's Hospital