[Histonet] Good Bye

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 09:09:43 CDT 2006

Joyce:
  Yours is not an isolated case.
  Ventana's sales practices involve the following behaviours:
  1- go above the knowledgeable people to the managers to "pull the rug" in front of their eyes;
  2- offer things they cannot deliver;
  3- conceal that their products are unnecessarily overpriced and that their instruments are essentially a "closed" system;
  4- conceal also that their "famous liquid coverslip", imprescindible to complete their staining protocols, is nothing more than low viscosity mineral oil and because of that you have to use their Abs diluted in it;
  5- and push, push, push until the nauseating level.
  That is why I do NOT like Ventana.
  René J.
  NOTE: I am retired, and they cannot "touch" me (HA, HA, HA)

"Weems, Joyce" <JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org> wrote:
  Thank goodness, my director stood by me several years ago, when Ventana went around me to her and "sold" her on the immunostainer by touting its barcoding and offering new processors if we would convert to their system. What I said was, "Why would I want to change to more expensive immuno system to get a processor that I don't want in the first place?" She listened and they went away after quite some time of harrassing her and the pathologists.

Unfortunately, they ruin a good product with behavior like this.

Joe, please don't leave us. We need you.

Joyce

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital