[Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Thu Oct 19 16:17:03 CDT 2006

What a difference an individual makes!
I came from a lab where our Ventana support was superb until a change in our territory rep and then nightmares ensued. As our equipment aged, we started encountering reproducibility problems with no help from our rep. We finally switched our IHC Platform, (3 Nexus modules and one great ol' ES) to 3 DAKO autostainers and received WONDERFUL service and help from DAKO, but continuing problems with the hardware mechanics and support of the remaining Benchmark XT used to run ISH only.
I was a little leary as I moved to my new lab because it had just purchased a Benchmark XT, but I have found the technical and sales help here INCREDIBLE!  Ventana has given us FIRST RATE support, and our immunos are consistent.  Their reagent inventory system is great.
Give me either system with the money to run them, and the tech help to keep them going!
Terri
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supv.
Laboratory, Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
(215) 938-3689

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Patricia
Karlisch
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:14 PM
To: LINDA MARGRAF; JUAN GUTIERREZ; robert.bates <@t> eglin.af.mil;
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Cc: NORA LEOS; Dinesh Rakheja; ANA GOMEZ
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Juan,
  I agree with you on this.  Our folks like the Ventana, the Ventana
service and the products.  I was and still am a DAKO person but I have
seen the two systems at work and appreciate the technical support from
both companies.  A1 for both.  Pat

Pat Karlisch
Supervisor, Histology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Mail Code H179
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone (717) 531-6072
Fax: (717) 531- 7741
email: pkarlisch <@t> psu.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail at the electronic address shown.

Thank you for your cooperation.