[Histonet] Ventana Benchmark Problems

Patricia Karlisch pkarlisch <@t> psu.edu
Thu Oct 19 15:13:37 CDT 2006

Juan,
  I agree with you on this.  Our folks like the Ventana, the Ventana
service and the products.  I was and still am a DAKO person but I have
seen the two systems at work and appreciate the technical support from
both companies.  A1 for both.  Pat

Pat Karlisch
Supervisor, Histology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Mail Code H179
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone (717) 531-6072
Fax: (717) 531- 7741
email: pkarlisch <@t> psu.edu

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.

>>> "GUTIERREZ, JUAN" <juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org> 10/19/2006
3:23 PM >>>

Don't be nervous.  You're always going to hear the disgruntlers more
often and a lot louder.  I have two Benchmarks at the moment and I am
getting ready to bring in an XT and an LT shortly.  I've used open
systems before (DAKO)and even though they were very good, I really
love
my Ventana's.  Their customer support is second to none and they have
always been very willing and able to work the little details out.  I
have been in my current position for almost four years and I've yet to
meet my DAKO rep.  We still have an autostainer that takes way too
much
time toset up runs in.
Hope this eases your fears a little bit,

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  LONG
LIVE FREE SPEECH !