[Histonet] Coverslipping Film

LaDonna G. Elpers lelpers <@t> bioanalytical.com
Wed Oct 18 09:46:04 CDT 2006

Hi Mary,

There were issues with this a couple years ago, many comments on the
Histonet.  If you go to the Histonet web page www.histonet.org look to
the right hand side in the black area and click on Histonet Text
Archive.  When the screen pops up type in the field "Tape Coverslipping"
and all articles pertaining to this will be posted.  There were some
solutions offered but even more importantly contacts you may be able to
reach to see how this was resolved for their companies.

Good Luck Mary!

LaDonna G. Elpers, BA, HT(ASCP)
Manager, Histology
BASi (Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.)
10424 Middle Mount Vernon Rd - Mount Vernon, IN 47620
P 812.985.5900 ext 128
F 812.985.3403
lelpers <@t> bioanalytical.com
www.bioanalytical.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mary
Parker
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:33 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Coverslipping Film

Does anyone have any information on repairing film coverslips. We have
an Archive facility with slides that were prepared years ago and had the
film cover strips on them.

The problem is that the film is lifting away from the slide, and in some
instances the tissue section is adhered to the film.

If anyone knows how to go about repairing these slides, I would be most
appreciative of any information that you might have( other than Scotch
Tape)

Mary D. Parker

Histology Lab Manager

EPL, Inc.