[Histonet] Milestone Pathos vs Sakura Xpress

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Mon Oct 16 17:46:57 CDT 2006

Frank,

I have no experience with the Pathos but our lab does have the Sakura Xpress.  I am attaching a PDF of the brochure for the equipment.  Page 4 explains how the microwave itself operates (60 watts).  One thing I want to add to the previous response is that the 1.5 mm thickness for the Xpress is not mandatory.  There is allowance for thicker specimens but the processing time is then lengthened. But I for one like having an excuse to make pathologists gross properly to begin with. :)

Jeanine Bartlett
CDC, Atlanta

	-----Original Message-----
	From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Gregor Arlt
	Sent: Mon 10/16/2006 3:53 PM
	To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
	Subject: [Histonet] Milestone Pathos vs Sakura Xpress

	Dear Histonetters,

	I have heard the Pathos would use 600 Watts for the microwave processing. I
	can't imagine that this is right. In my opinion this would destroy the RNS
	structure of any tissue. On the other hand I heard tissues processed in the
	Xpress would be easy to use for molecularbiological investigations.

	Has anybody experience with those instruments, or know anybody the power of
	the microwave of the instruments.

	Thanks for the help Frank