[Histonet] counterstain for immunofluoroscence

Anna Elisse Beaudin aep10 <@t> cornell.edu
Wed Oct 11 07:38:19 CDT 2006

Hello,

   I am processing mouse brain sections for double-immunofluorescence and
need to find a suitable counterstain.  I do not necessarily need the
counterstain to be fluorescent, since the purpose of the counterstain
is only to map the area of interest, but I want to make sure that
whatever counterstain I use is not going to quench my fluoresence. I am
using secondary-conjugated Alexa 488 and Streptavidin-Alexa 546.  I
appreciate any and all advice.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Anna Beaudin
Division of Nutritional Sciences
Cornell University