[Histonet] Antigenicity

Sebree Linda A. LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Oct 10 14:13:48 CDT 2006

We always cut our control slides in advance both on plain + slides and
the red box control slides.  Some we store at RT and others at -20
degrees C depending upon whether there are issues in loss of
antigenicity of the antigen the control tissue is used for.  We've
determined which antigens those are through trial and error.

Linda Sebree, HT(ASCP)
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
A4/204-3224
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Patricia
Karlisch
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:49 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Antigenicity

Hello all,
   I have a technical question.  Do any of you pre-cut your control
slides in larger batches? It used to be that the control slides would
lose their antigenicity if stored for long periods of time (several
months) in a slide file as opposed to cutting the blocks as needed.
Have the HIER techniques evolved to the point that this is no longer
true?
   Thank you in advance.
    Pat

Pat Karlisch
Supervisor, Histology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Mail Code H179
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone (717) 531-6072
Fax: (717) 531- 7741
email: pkarlisch <@t> psu.edu

*****E-Mail Confidentiality Notice*****
This message (including any attachments) contains information intended
for a specific individual(s) and purpose that may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure pursuant to
applicable law.  Any inappropriate use, distribution or copying of the
message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalty.  If you have received this transmission in error, please reply
to the sender indicating this error and delete the transmission from
your system immediately.