[Histonet] BSL precautions for Primate frozen sectioning?

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Mon Oct 2 14:43:33 CDT 2006

Even so, wouldn't you expect to treat it just
like human tissue which could potentially also be
hepatitis, HIV infected ... aka with universal
precautions? Aren't we supposed to consider all
human tissue as having those diseases and worse
even if patient history is known, per universal
precautions? The major thing to consider I
believe is that primates commonly are infected
with a potentially deadly form of hepatitis if
humans get infected. Maybe some of you guys from
SNBL or the like can speak up?