[Histonet] BSL precautions for Primate frozen sectioning?

Kim Kusser kkusser <@t> trudeauinstitute.org
Mon Oct 2 13:41:11 CDT 2006

Hi,

I need a little (or, more than likely, a lot) of advice. I do a lot of
frozen sectioning on mouse tissues. Our facility is only mouse. A
researcher wants to be able to section baboon (uninfected and
unfixed...just OCT embedded) tissue. Our cryostats are BSL2 (lab coats
and gloves).

To the people out there in the know, how do you treat Primate tissue
when it comes to frozen sectioning in Cryostats? Would this procedure be
recommended to all lab personnel without knowledge of their immune
status (i.e. immunocompromised staff)?

Thanks you for any and all help.

Kim Kusser