[Histonet] re: spurr embedde sheep spine

caron fournier caron_fournier <@t> yahoo.ca
Thu May 25 11:34:45 CDT 2006

Hi All:
  I have some sheep spine that have been processed and embedded in Spurr resin but the spurr has remains "sticky" in the middle of the block near the spine. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion about what I can do to get this to harden enough that I can section them with our bandsaw and grind them. We have had them curing in a 60 degree oven for a couple of weeks and they have gotten a little better but not completely hard. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  Caron