[Histonet] Re:embedding centers

rgrow <@t> bmnet.com rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Thu May 25 10:05:26 CDT 2006

Deanna
RUN from Microm embedding centers.  Microm makes great microtomes but not
embedding centers.   We had an AP280, purchased in '99 that was a constant
lemon.  Paraffin chamber and cold plate had continuous problems.  It was
sent back numerous times and even replaced but still would not work
properly.  Contact me for details.   By 2002,  we trashed it  and replaced
it with a new Tissue Tek Tec 5  Embedding Station.  We now have 2 in the
lab.  Tissue Tec is the best workhorse out there.  I have used it for years
prior  and am glad to have it in this laboratory.

 Renee Grow, BA., HT (ASCP)
rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Histology Supervisor
Blount Memorial Hospital
907 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy.
Maryville, TN  37804-5016
(865) 977-4744
(865) 977-5766 Fax

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:24:18 -0400
From: "Snider, Deanna" <dsnider <@t> shrinenet.org>
Subject: [Histonet] embedding centers
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
<84BE46B37B314D409C5A17B7BAB022D68BC9CF <@t> IDC-EX-VS01.shriners.cc>

Hello all!  I need your masses of expertise yet again!!  I thank you in
advance.
My lab is in the process of acquiring a new embedding center.  What are
your experiences with the various embedding centers out there?  Why do
you like/dislike about the unit?  How is your experience with the
customer support?  I am considering the Microm ec350, so any info on
this particular unit is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much again!

Deanna Snider HT ASCP
Lead Histotechnician,
Research Department