[Histonet] shipping tissues

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed May 24 10:23:24 CDT 2006

Yes, they CAN ship in formalin (how do they get their formalin - it's
shipped).  It just cannot go by air because of the hazardous nature.  It
has to go via ground transportation.  I wouldn't advise a transfer to
saline -

JO'C

"Till, Renee" <TillRenee <@t> uams.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/24/2006 08:45 AM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] shipping tissues

We are having some tissue samples shipped to us from another lab.
They've said they can't ship in formalin, so they would fix the tissues,
then ship them in a saline solution. Is this okay? It would be shipped
overnight.  I've never had tissue sent in.

Renee' Till, HT

Research Assistant

Arkansas Children's Nutrition Center

1212 Marshall St./N2021