[Histonet] Help!

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Mon May 15 06:46:32 CDT 2006

We had a very similar problem.  After sending her off for a medical check, it was discovered that she was Seriously ill !  Send her to a doctor NOW.. Your first responsibility to your employees is Care and Compassion.
   If that fails, Is something distracting her (music, conversation, a certain personality of a coworker?)
                                       Janet

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Kemlo Rogerson
Sent: Mon 5/15/2006 3:19 AM
To: 'Histo Lady'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Help!

I think Luis may have a point; does she have dyscalculia? But either way
that may make her unsuitable for the job. I think it is important you
document the errors and also document your conversations with her. I would
by now have sent her Occupational Health to see if there is a problem
processing numbers and/ or any other medical problems. You will need to
engage her Union, if she has one, then ultimately you will find yourself at
the final disciplinary hearing and sacking. The only other thing you can try
is redeployment to another job that doesn't require the use of numbers;
failing that it's cheaper to manage a dismissal and any Employment Tribunal
fallout than litigation if something goes wrong because of a problem you
knew about but never sorted; Managers sometimes have to make the difficult
decision.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
Ext  3311
DD   01934 647057
Mob 07749 754194

  The real does not die, the unreal never lived. --Nisargadatta Maharaj

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its
contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform
me that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your
co-operation