[Histonet] MGMT antibody

Elaine Dooley DOOLEEO <@t> shands.ufl.edu
Thu May 11 12:07:44 CDT 2006

Dear Histonetters,

I have been trying to get MGMT antibody to work on a Ventana Benchmark
immunostainer and I am not getting the good results yet.  The MGMT
(clone MT 3.1 from Novus Biologicals) supposed to stain Colon carcinoma.
 So I tried 1:100 with CC1 antigen retrieval and did not get any
staining.  I tried 1:20 with amplify and CC1 retrieval and everything
was staining.  So I tried 1:40 with and without amplifier,  both with
CC1 retrieval and they stained everything weakly.  Perhaps a different
retrieval should be used. Or maybe it does not stain all colon
carcinomas and I am trying to make one stain that really should not.  I
have limited time and thought if anyone might have some insight I would
appreciate it.

Elaine Dooley
HTL
Shands labs at Rocky Point