[Histonet] Dictation System

Peterson, Dan 1dpeterson <@t> meriter.com
Wed May 10 12:27:17 CDT 2006

Ron,
If Lanier comes around, RUN!!!!
We had Dictaphone and they were good (back when we had tapes)
We then were looking for digital and Lanier (who our hospital used, emphasize "used") said we could go digital with their equipment and piggyback with the hospital's server to save money.
Needless to say, we couldn't use the hospitals server, the Pathologists didn't like the handheld recorders (and they still don't like the new Protégés) and the hospital switched to Dictaphone!
$18000 later we're got Pathologists hand writing their diagnosis, and PA's logging on the equipment as guests.
Dictaphone (as I have seen in other labs) seems to be the way to go.

Daniel R Peterson HT(ASCP)
Histopathology Section Head
General Medical Laboratories
(608)-267-6557
1dpeterson <@t> meriter.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed. This message may contain information that is confidential and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and then delete the message. Thank you.