[Histonet] Processor Preferences??

Horn, Hazel V HornHV <@t> archildrens.org
Wed May 10 11:13:11 CDT 2006

We have a ASP 300 too.   The first one we received was a 'lemon" and
Leica replaced it.   The replacement has run very well.   No downtime at
all.   It has been very reliable for us.   Leica was easy to work with
when our first machine came and we had so many problems.  They switched
out processors for us and this one is a dream.

Hazel Horn
Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Supervisor of Histology
Arkansas Children's Hospital
800 Marshall    Slot 820
Little Rock, AR   72202

phone   501.364.4240
fax        501.364.3912

visit us on the web at:    www.archildrens.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
GUTIERREZ, JUAN
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:49 AM
To: Jennifer Leigh; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Processor Preferences??

We've had the Leica ASP 300 for about four years now.  We've had to
replace the pump twice, the fuse-power cord assembly had to be replaced
also.  Every time we've had to order a part from Leica it's been very
frustrating.  The wrong part has been sent more often than the correct
one and that is after we've had to contact Germany to get a fax of what
the part looks like. We still got the wrong part.  This year our
processor has worked "properly" for a grand total of THREE weeks, and
not in a row.  Thank God we have an old but reliable VIP as a back up.

All of this is well documented in our Biomed department so no
threatening calls please.  Look at the disclaimer below.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long
live free speech!