[Histonet] Re:human-on-human IHC

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Mon May 1 13:45:33 CDT 2006

Hi Jamie and Brett,

I can confirm that this is a very good approach and works well for
human on human staining, however it is only useful for those antigens
which are fairly robustly expressed as some sensitivity of the
protocol gets lost when precomplexing.

If possible, a much more sensitive way to go is to buy a labeling kit
from Molecular Probes and label the antibody - with biotin, FITC etc.
You can be as creative as you imagine ... It only takes about 1.5-2
hours (much of which is an incubation step) and makes life infinitely
easier. The large number of kits they sell are suitable for all
different amounts of starting protein and a wide variety of
conjugates.

Good luck!
Andrea