[Histonet] RE: Double staining

Guillermo Palao gpbnas <@t> yahoo.es
Fri Mar 31 09:06:17 CST 2006

My two cents is just to follow Andrea's advice on using pre-adsorbed secondaries (I also use Jackson's with great results), it will really save you a lot of time wasted on optimizating conditions.

  Guillermo

"Andrea T. Hooper" <anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu> escribió:
  Hi Anna,

Your experiment will work! We do this all the time here with very
nice results and it also sounds like you know what you are talking
about.

I suggest you check to make sure the secondaries are highly cross
adsorbed and if not, buy ones which are (Jackson ImmunoResearch sells
awesome secondaries).

I also strongly suggest you run each independently to make sure
everything is in order. I normally do this alongside my double stains
each time.

Also as Chris suggested you can even incubate your primaries together
making your experiment even additionally streamlined.

And of course remember to block appropriately.

Good luck,
Andrea