[Histonet] negative immunohistochemistry control

Andrea T. Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Wed Mar 8 12:12:06 CST 2006

Peptide inhibibtion is a good control to ensure
your antibody can be adsorbed by your antigen but
it does not tell you whether or not your antibody
will non-specifically bind to your tissue. It is
a good but not a sufficient control.

The best control is to stain tissue which DOES
NOT express your antigen, it should be negative.