[Histonet] abalone phagocytes

Bruce Abaloz brucea <@t> unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jun 21 01:58:08 CDT 2006

Diffferentiation of zymosan from phagocytes

Hi,
I have stained some abalone phagocytes (abalone haemocytes are like
mammalian macrophages) which have phagocytosed zymosan. Stain is
wrights giemsa. I can easily see the extracellular zymosan but not
the Intracellular zymosan. Also not clear when a zymosan is inside
versus stuck on the cell outside. Bruce, our Histologist tells me
this is a wonderful 'tool' for exchange of information & I AM hoping
there is someone who can advise me of a 'better' stain which will
allow me to differentiate/see the intracellular zymosan.
Thanking you in advance,
Celia
--
BRUCE ABALOZ