[Histonet] Re:Sirius Red Protocol mouse pancreas

Jamie E Erickson jamie.erickson <@t> abbott.com
Thu Jun 15 12:48:11 CDT 2006

Susan,
                We also do Sirius red staining but of mouse lungs, we use
a polarizing light to quantitative collagen deposition. We have not see
and appreciable increase in red staining over time. Maximum staining
intensity is reach after 90 minutes in the paper by L.C.U. Junqueira
Histochemical Journal 1979, 11,447-445. Check the histonet achieves that's
where I got most of my information.
                 As far as the staining I would run an old sample to
determine if that stains differently then it had in the past, if it does
then it's a staining issue if not it's the tissue, it could be an
experimental issue. Our investigators usually give us control samples
untreated Lung or we can ask for muscle or kidney for a positive control
I'd look into the tissue being the issue if you haven't already done that.

Hope that helps.

Jamie

Jamie Erickson
Sr. Research Associate