[Histonet] Glucose Oxidase blocking for peroxidase, glucose source

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Jun 15 12:34:51 CDT 2006

To all using Glucose oxidase endogenous peroxidase blocking, be aware that
Sigma has discontinued the beta-D(+) glucose used for this blocking.  Some
have tried another glucose as a substitute and the peroxidase was not
blocked.

Since I tout this highly useful peroxidase blocking method, I found a
source of the glucose

ICN Cat#100953 beta-D Glucose.  this contain up to 10% of alpha-isomer,
although Sigma's contained only 4%.

Hopefully this will not be discontinued as Sigma has done.  If there are
any doubts, call Sigma Technical Services and ask them for a source of this
glucose.

Never thought there would be so much difference in a glucose molecule

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology