More on Re: [Histonet] RE: DAB disposal[Scanned]

Emma JONES EJones <@t> Ventanamed.com
Tue Jun 13 11:57:17 CDT 2006

Absolutely agree with you. The less waste thrown down the sink the =
better.=20

You will notice that Joe said he used the same method I mentioned for =
his Dako waste. Maybe they recommended it, or perhaps like myself =
(excuse me, Joe for assuming here) it is a method he has heard of and =
used for a number of years, for me I knew of it a long time before =
joining, or even knowing about Ventana.

Various countries have a variety of methods of disposal, some can afford =
disposal companies, some cannot, some have guidelines set up for =
disposal, some do not. Within countries there is variation, and yes cost =
is an issue.
There are certainly kits that can be purchased for use with our =
instruments for disposal of waste, but that is up to the individual lab. =
Ultimately their preferred method of disposal is determined by their =
local guidelines.
=20
I too would prefer to see more fixed guidelines, but with such =
lab/country variation will this be possible?

If you have any recommendations please share.=20

Best regards
Emma