[Histonet] Minimizing shrinkage

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Jun 12 16:10:40 CDT 2006

Hi Tim:

    Any processing will induce some shrinkage so my first suggestion is
to measure fresh or fixed tissue with a dissecting microscope. If that
is not possible I suggest a thorough fixation in formalin or
formalin+glutaraldehyde followed by embedding in an epoxy resin (Epon
substitute). Much less shrinkage in epoxies as compared to wax or
methacrylates.

Geoff

--
--