[Histonet] Tape Coverslippers Rule!

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Jun 2 13:33:50 CDT 2006

Long Live Tape! I've been monitoring several of these tape vs glass
conversations and I notice some salient points are missing from the
debate: first, tape requires xylene - no substitutes; if your drip rate
is 4-5 drips per slide, the tape adheres well; finally, if you must
remove the coverslip, submerge the slide in acetone for 5-10 minutes and
the tape shrivels and can be lifted off without removing the tissue;
then run back thru xylene and re-cover (or whatever).  The glass
coverslippers give me the willies - watching all those minutely
adjustable parts whipping around....brrrr.....

All you Glass Coverslipper Devotees - I'm wearing my flameproof 'jammies
- go for it!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services